Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dark Series by L. A. Wild: Author & Character Interviews


Chance the Darkness
(The Dark Series #1)

In the depths of half-human, half-unknown, twenty-year-old, Summer Keese’s mind, the walls are beginning to crack....

I must be going mad. When my twin sister dies, my whole life begins to unravel in ways I never could have dreamed. A crazy lady ranting in my head, blood-drinking ghouls, a psychotic cult demanding I channel some powerful objects, dangerous men who want to control me.... Total insanity, right? Except, it’s all real.

Then I meet him. Black. Tall, handsome, godlike. The man harbors sinister secrets and lives by his own set of rules—rules I can't begin to comprehend. One minute, he seems to want to save me. The next, I swear he's going to bury me six-foot under. Why can't he just tell me what's really going on?

While searching for my sister's killer in a seedy part of Glasgow, I discover nothing about my life is what it seems. Family secrets, betrayal. Emotions running hot, I make some seriously bad choices. And with the heart of Scotland becoming a paranormal battlefield, I have to wonder.... When did staying alive get so damn hard?

Contains adult themes




Sense The Darkness
(The Dark Series #2)

What if the most terrifying thing imaginable lived inside you?

I’ve made a mistake. And it’s a big one. After my ex-best friend stabs me with my own blade then topples us both through the portal— leaving Glasgow overrun with ghouls and other evil creatures—I land in the middle of my worst nightmare. Burnt soil stretches out to my sides, my heels teeter on the edge of a sheer cliff that drops into nothingness, and a hoard of humans rush at me with spears and axes. I’m pretty sure they want my head on a pike.
Worse? Someone has tampered with my memories. How that’s possible, I have no clue. But if I had to guess, I’d say Black is behind it all. Tumultuous, deadly, our insane chemistry borders on explosive. If only he’d get rid of the goddess he’s been banging.
My life is nothing like it used to be. Somehow, it twisted into a sick mess of family secrets, my sister’s murderer, and a crumbling wall inside my mind, which sets a homicidal psychopath loose on the world.

It is recommended book one, Chance the Darkness, to be read prior to Sense the Darkness




Fear The Darkness
(The Dark Series #3)

Dreams and lost recollections have begun to merge, blurring the lines between right and wrong. Worse. An unknown has tampered with my memories, tangled them into a network and hidden them from me. How do I know? Khaos, the destroyer of worlds, who carves my mind in two has found them. Did Black build the crumbling barricade to keep the homicidal goddess trapped? Or to keep me on one half of my mind, away from the truth?

Amid my battles with a DNA-consuming virus, ghouls, and other paranormal creatures spilling into Glasgow city, more of the seven objects reveal themselves. The dark power they possess seems to wrinkle the very fabric of time. Maybe those keys came from the depths of hell itself. I don’t know. But I can use them to reshape the past. Except, the only consistency in my strange and precarious existence, Black, keeps warning, “Consequences and repercussions, Keese.”

Screw him. I want my sister and parents alive and at my side—no matter the cost.

From the seedy side of Glasgow, to the ancient pyramids of Egypt, to the golden sands of Australia, I discover the hard truth about where I came from, about the body I identified as my twin, and about the betrayal of the man who I’ve laid with, fought with, and lied for.

COMING JULY 16TH!!



Author Bio


L A Wild is an English urban fantasy novelist who moved to Australia in the year 2006. She is the creator and writer behind the Dark Series.


Facebook     Goodreads     Google+    Pinterest      Twitter     Website     YouTube     


Author Interview 


Please welcome The Dark Series author L. A. Wild to Diane’s Book Blog. 

Q. What is your favorite part of the The Dark Series? 

A. All of it. I just love writing about all the different characters, plots and sub-plots, but most of all, I love going back and re-reading the books again. I still enjoy reading what I write.


Q. How long did it take you to write Chance The Darkness?

A. I worked on this book for years, mostly because I was also working through the plots and sub-plots for the other four books to follow. Overall, from start to publish date, it was about five years.


Q. If you were stranded on a desert island which of your characters do you want by your side?

A. Black! Need I say anymore?


Q. If you could be best friends with one of your characters, who would it be?

A. I’m torn between Marinus and Black. Both of them have layers of deep secrets that I’d love to unpick. But, then again, because I spend so much time in Summer’s head, I feel like she’s already a best friend.


Q. What is your favorite book that you wrote?

A. At first it was Chance the Darkness. But when I wrote Sense, I just fell in love with the characters and plots. Then I wrote Fear the Darkness and it was by far the best book EVER. Until I started book four which blew me away. So, to answer your question, they are all my favorite J


Q. Who or what inspired you to be a writer?

A. I’ve always enjoyed writing, I remember my parents were once called to my school because my teachers were very concerned with my imagination. As I grew older, I wrote for fun, but I finally took writing seriously when I started to plot The Dark Series six years ago.


Q. What's your favorite book-turned movie?

A. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a great book turned into a great movie. I love Lee Child and when his book, One Shot, was made into the Jack Reacher movie which starred Tom Cruise, I couldn’t wait to see it. But boy did they miss the mark. By about a mile.


Q. How do you overcome writer’s block?

A. I love this question because over the past three weeks I have definitely been struggling with writer’s block even though I have the majority of the plots created. For me, I close the laptop and take time off. Stock up on junk TV, read books, take my son to the park and refuse to think about the book. It takes a while but slowly I find my mind heals enough I can start to think about characters and what their next move might be. How they would respond to the situations they find themselves in.


Q. What do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or ebooks? 

A. I love hardbacks. Nothing beats the touch and feel of a book. In the UK, I had hundreds of them, everywhere. However, since moving to Australia I’ve learnt to appreciate ebooks, purely because of accessibility. Most of the books I read have to be shipped from America so they can take a good couple of weeks or more. I have no patience. And since having my little boy, I have no time. Every second counts and ebooks fill that gap lol.


Character Interview  


Please welcome Black from L. A. Wild's The Dark Series to Diane’s Book Blog. 


Q. What is your full name?

A. Warwick Black, for the time being.


Q. How old are you?

A. Too old for you, little girl.


Q. Where were you born? Where have you lived since then? Where do you currently call home?

A. Born? A human label to understand the entry point of life. I have neither been born nor have an entry point in the human life.


Q. What is your biggest fear?

A. True fear is to lose the one person you have ever cared for deeply over and over again. I live with that on a daily basis.


Q. Which living person do you most despise?

A. Without a shadow of a doubt that would be Marinus.


Q. What is the quality you most like in a woman?

A. Quality is a by-product of what we strive so hard to achieve so those around us won’t see through the thinly gauzed veil. None of us are good people. Perception is reality, and woman are dangerous. Who can ever be sure the quality we look for in a person is really there or if it’s a cover. I take my woman as they come. Bad traits and all. I don’t pretend to perceive a quality that is likely to change as quick as the wind.


Q. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

A. Keese. Because she’s either not listening, or got her head in the clouds, or running off in the wrong direction, heading straight for danger without me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...