Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Breakaway (A Rule Book Novel) by A.M. Johnson Review

Breakaway (A Rule Book Novel)Breakaway by A.M. Johnson
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

A.M. Johnson scores with BREAKAWAY. Tampa Bay hockey center, Mark Carmelo, is getting over a bad relationship. He has no intention of dating. He is concentrating on his career instead. That is until, the girl of his dreams, Stevie West, walks back into his life. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adult audiences.

A.M. Johnson does a great job with both the character development and plot. Mark and Stevie are well-developed and likable. I appreciated that one of the things that attracted Mark to Stevie was she had no idea who he was. It would be difficult being a celebrity and not knowing if people liked you for the real you. Both characters had bad relationships prior to dating each other. They have numerous issues to overcome, especially with their prior relationships. They are both good people that complement each other.

I like how the story flashed back in time. I like the fate aspect to the story. I thought it was clever that Mark and Stevie’s prior meeting influenced her life decisions, her life becoming better as a result. BREAKAWAY was skillfully written and believable. This is the first book that I have read by A.M. Johnson. I enjoyed her writing style and plan on reading more of her work. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...